Baptism Beach

Well I have a new companion, Elder Salavarrieta from Medellin, Colombia. We are still rocking it out here in Ustupu. We're working hard, loving life and learning daily more about the beautiful Kuna culture and working to learn the language.
Arrival on Baptism Beach
The last week we went into the city for a conference and had two hours of free time. As I am a zone leader on San Blas with my new companion, who has been out for 18 months, I spent my time helping other missionaries in my zone get their shopping completed.  I also had the chance to go to Nargana again, this time with my new companion and because they have nowhere to baptize we went out on a panga to a stranded island known as 'Baptism Beach'. That was cool finding a baptism of faith.
Elder Salam

The water situation here is kind of funny, we usually get water about three days a week. For drinking, we only drink sodas or filtered water and so needless to say, I will want to see a few doctors when I get home. Anyway, the bathrooms are hillarious, ours happens to be the nicest one that I've seen here. There are some that are just a hole on a deck over the water. Sometimes you will see kids swimming in the water near those areas and let me just tell you, I would not want to swim in the water on that part of the island. Often times they will catch small fish from those areas and use them for bait to go fishing for bigger fish. 

The cats on this island are so friendly, and they will come when we call them. We caught a rat the size of a big mouse this week in our house (it is very common to see rats). As this happened, a cat came by, grabbed it, and went off with it in its mouth. Gotta love them!