"Mama Said There'll Be Days Like This"


This week was exhausting. We had Zone Conference which we had to get up at 4:00 in the morning to get there on time. We got there a bit early and stopped by the coolest bakery. A chilled morning breeze came through which made it that much better. I did finally end up getting my package that you sent me last month, Woo! This week we went out with the Zone Leaders for Invasions for two days. That is when you go to the other missionaries homes early in the morning to check in on them and make sure they are getting up on time and doing what thy should be. Sadly, just because we got up early didn't mean we got to go bed early. That also meant we had to get up at 4:00 in the morning. We did however, end up getting a foam American Football. We had some investigators who aren't doing what they need to be doing to prepare themselves for baptism. I am covered in mosquito and ant bites. There are so many that I am trying to recognize what constellations they form. I'm am so close to a big dipper. And it was a little bit hotter this week if it wasn't already hot enough. 


I have laughed to myself as I was reminded of lyrics from the Shirelle’s, "Mama said there'll be days like this, there’ll be days like this my mama said..." Yes, this week was hard. Fun at the same time, but exhausting. I took comfort in the knowledge that I was divinely called to be here specifically and that God wouldn't give me anything I couldn't handle. I also took comfort in the scriptures. In Alma 26:27 we read, " Now when our hearts were depressed, and we were about to turn back, behold, the Lord comforted us, and said: Go amongst thy brethren, the Lamanites, and bear with patience thine afflictions, and I will give unto you success." In Jacob 3:1 it says, "But behold, I, Jacob, would speak unto you that are pure in heart. Look unto God with firmness of mind, and pray unto him with exceeding faith, and he will console you in your afflictions, and he will plead your cause, and send down justice upon those who seek your destruction."


We can find joy in the best of days in the worst of days. We can find joy in the worst of circumstances. For we are told In 2 Nephi 2:25” ...men are, that they might have joy." Finding joy is all about our focus. When we focus on the Lord our Savior we find joy. We find joy in his Atonement and our personal role in it, his gospel and what we can do to become closer to him, and the Plan of Salvation where we can progress and live forever with our families. Jesus the Christ is the source of true joy. As I am sharing this beautiful message about an opportunity of true joy with people, I am finding great joy and satisfaction. When we keep this focus of Jesus in our hearts we can find joy every day in our lives.

  






Oh, I have been introducing myself with that name Elder Igi Sugi. I go out and tell it to Kunas and they just crack up. I have convinced a handful of kids that I'm from San Blas and I'm Kuna. I think our neighbors thought that was my name for about a week now and just barely found out. They still call me Igi though.