Holy Guacamole



I am sorry that I don't have a whole lot of time this week to write a letter. It has been another great week, a bit rough but good. We have had two baptisms fall, but one stuck and hopefully, we will have another one this week. We have our first official baptismal appointment set with a man named Juan from Aldea. I will make sure that I tell his story after his baptism.

I have loved and read everyone's personal emails. I don't always have time to respond to or read them all on my P-Days, so I have been taking pictures of the ones I don't get to during the week and reading them at home. I loved hearing about Colon's history (the town is named after Christopher Columbus. In Spanish his name was Cristobal Colon). and more about the Kuna. (Many of the Kuna Latter-day Saints share their remarkable similarities through oral history with the events that happened in the Book of Mormon.  They refer to themselves as "the People of the Book.") Next week I will have to tell you about the Butterfly story with the Kuna people. 
I am only able to listen to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and Conference talks on my speaker. I spent a bit more time today looking for more talks and music to listen to. I love music a lot and so it has been great to have that.  
In our humble house, well shower...I have found spiders, worms, cockroaches, and mice. I'm just happy when we find water because it is not always there. We now take bets on whether we will be without water or electricity before we return home at night. Normally one of the two goes out before morning. Cold water no longer bothers you once you know that you are just happy if you get a shower before you leave in the morning. 
To answer some of your questions:
Are you getting bug bites at night or when you are out? 
The bugs always seem to find the one place that I barely missed with bug repellent. I have gotten bug bites on my back, my collar line and even in my ear where I did not pay much attention. Normally, I find that I am getting them when I am outside rather than throughout the night.  
Are you getting sick of the rain?
Oh no, It is genuinely my favorite. Except I only fear the bus drivers in the rain. Last time the guy was drinking and driving in the rain at night... but it went well.

I love you guys!