Week Four


Shortly after I had to stop emailing last week, I collected my laundry and found out I was missing two socks. Not a pair, but one sock from two different pairs. Hopefully, I can find them some time, because otherwise, I guess I'll just mix match my socks.

We have an investigator and this Thursday we were talking to her about baptism and the significance of that. We went on to talk about when you are baptized you are freed from sin. But I got the weirdest impression that I needed to ask her about if she had repented before. Let me just say wow. Was that exactly the question I needed to ask. Listen to the spirit. At times, it may be very quiet. I think it's so easy to disregard. But we bonded and it was just an amazing experience. I just wish that or hope that this will be like the rest of my mission because I'd totally be ok with that.

This week I was reading in 2 Nephi 32:1-3 and read about feasting upon the words of Christ. It got me thinking the significance of Feasting. I mean I follow the words of Christ. I listen to the words of Christ. However, I'm not feasting. I think back to when it's Thanksgiving. I mean man I'm thinking about that meal all day long. I'm constantly seeking for something that I can just get a little nibble of. Why am I not looking at the words of Christ in that same way? With that same desire? Then I read in the Bible Dictionary about feasting (which if you're looking for something to do, it's actually kind of enjoyable and I recommend you search up feasting) that in the past feasting was a commandment or covenant. Well, there were many different feasts. Many of them were an all day event. They would go to the temple and wouldn't leave there till nightfall and just eat and give praise to God. There was also one feast that lasted 80 days or something in the New Testament. If I remember correctly they weren't supposed to fast during this time. Anyways I was inspired to try to seek the gospel as frequently as I think about food. It's going to be a challenge.

My teacher took a leave of absence to go home to see her brother return from his mission. So, we have had a few subs. And MAN! All the teachers at the MTC as just so great. I am just really impressed with the whole of them. Each has their own strengths, but I'm glad we got to have multiple teachers. We just have had some great and amazing lessons. One day we actually paired up with another class. It ended up being the class of sisters that were also going to Panama. Sister Updike and Sister Davis. Which by the way there are two Sister Davis's going to Panama. But yeah it was pretty fun. I'm just kind of disappointed we won't get to see them much out in the field. Our mission president is very strict. He sent us an email of additional Panama rules. And I know they're to help us, but in comparison to what I've heard from the other missions, it's strict. However, I'm sure there's a good reason for everything they do. We are both rather loud groups. So it was more of an enjoyable time than a lesson, but that's relaxing to have every once in a while. 

Oh, and with my new music calling I goofed up with the songs. I forgot the sacrament hymn had to be themed around the sacrament. But it's been fun. I had three different conductors and four different pianists. I'm really getting everyone to use their talents.

I finally got the time to attend the choir. It was really enjoyable. I forgot how much I enjoyed it. The director used to be an institute teacher. And his insight is the best part of all choir. I would sit there for an hour just to hear him talk for 15 minutes. But he told us about the history of Parley P. Pratt in the church. (The writer of the song) What a stud, he was converted and served a mission for 5+ years. But I really enjoyed singing again. It's been a while. I'm glad I have a companion who will also go with me to the choir.

Five hundred missionaries came to the MTC last Wednesday. Now that has been really fun. I've made a bigger effort to talk to the new missionaries. From what I've seen some are more focused on the mission while others are more laid back. It is really just enjoyable to meet new missionaries. The new Elders in our Branch locked themselves out of their dorm after they showered and they had to wait forty minutes just outside their dorm in towels.  I'm sure that was a fun start to their MTC experience.

We all missed Father’s Day. We totally forgot that we can't email ahead of time. And so that night we were looking ahead and realized dang, well there is always next week. But we weren't alone we went to church on Sunday and very clearly the congregation groaned Ohhhh... when they said welcome to church and Happy Father’s Day. SO, Happy Father’s Day! 

Each week we have two devotionals. Donny Osmond came in and gave a devotional. He was such a funny guy. He sang a cool Father’s Day song. It was motivational. On Tuesday, our devotional was given by Diane and Donald Hallstrom from the Presidency of the 70.  It was brilliant, they talked about the importance of a broken heart. Then they talked about how important it is to decide and make sure that we have ABSOLUTELY decided what type of missionary we were going to be. It struck me again. After that, we had a group discussion, the spirit was there and prompted others to say things and everyone shared how they felt and were moved to do better. I grew a stronger testimony in the importance of sharing a testimony.
MTC Roommates! 

Only a minute to relax, but what a view.

Hanging out.
     All around a good week. It's weird it’s been like a month I've been out. But we are trying to cut down on our time we can use the computers. We are only supposed to get one hour, and in the past, I've gone way past that in the past few weeks. I will try my best to cut that down a bit. I will do my best to prepare more ahead of time. Until Next week.