Opening of New MTC - Week 2


Week two at the MTC! Since I've gotten here, and I wish I could say its gotten easier. However, It has definitely not but I'm holding on and doing great. This week wasn't as eventful as the prior week. Everything about last week seemed fun, new, and exciting and now we are into a daily routine. The MTC food is great, well its sufficient. They do have some pretty decent meals now and then. I mean like on Friday, I kid you not they had Mahi Mahi tacos. And of course I had to get one, recognizing the fact that we are in Utah and Mahi Mahi is a tropical fish.  I couldn't say no to my favorite fish and it tasted absolutely amazing.  It was deep fried with mango slices on top, a little bit of shredded lettuce, they had some sort of tartar sauce. I went back and actually ate four of them. It was by far the best tasting thing at the MTC.

I have been playing more and more volleyball. By no means am I as good as some of the competitive groups I've seen my sister play in. However, I definitely think I'm getting the hang of it. I'm kind of wishing I would have done a little bit more volleyball in highschool, or even college. However, I know that I'll probably pick that up after the mission.

We taught our first TRC investigator. I have no idea what that means, but it's someone who wanted to meet with the missionaries in our area, but instead they come here and they meet with us. That was a beautiful experience. She spoke only in Spanish. Even though I struggled, I think through what limitations of Spanish I had and some really spot on hand-gestures. We were able to help her and answer all of her questions.

Our scheduling has finally been making sense. We went over with the teacher how we could rearrange somethings to give us just a little bit more time. So, I am getting the hang of where are classes are and where we are all supposed to be, but then they finally opened the new MTC buildings. Now I am so grateful that I had the opportunity to be in both of the buildings. However, this new building is absolutely incredible. You walk in and you just feel at peace. It has six floors or so and so many new classrooms. They have incredible views. We were told, and I genuinely think this is the best way to describe these buildings, but they were described as an investment in us. An investment to feel the spirit more. An investment to focus more. An investment to pray and ponder more. They have the classrooms and for each classroom they have a little side room where you can go off to and focus. The classrooms are practically sound proof. They have ponder rooms where they play hymns softly in the background. Its just a special place. Like not only does it look nice and its more practical, I just feel that much more focused. My favorite parts are each floor has an area with chairs in front of these beautiful murals. They are about 10ft by 25ft If I had to take a guess. They portray different scripture stories. On the other wall they have references with the scriptures, but these murals are just so grand you feel like you could walk right into them.

Well, I'm excited I'm going to head out to the temple. I will talk to you guys later!
Elder Irizarry