What Luck!

We get one day every transfer where all the Elders can go out and hang on Monday. It happened to be last week and we went out this time to play soccer. I was able to do something incredibly fun, I twisted my ankle. I went to the clinic and they told me I couldn't walk on it for five days. (Umm, that’s not going to happen. First of all I would just be stir crazy and let alone there are a lot of people who we need to visit). The rest of Monday my ankle was swollen and I couldn't walk. On Tuesday, I was out of commission for about half of the day. It is great that we have really fun and motivating Elders in the district and they all were very positive and motivated me to leave the house and work for as long as I could and that if I would make sacrifices God would bless me. 

We came up with some plans where I could work where I wouldn't have to walk a whole lot and do you know what happened? Yeah, we were blessed. A very positive family we were teaching committed to go to church as a family. It happened, maybe it was just pity points as I was limping, but I believe full-heartedly it was God's work. Then we saw a handful of blessings that day with the biggest being at the end of the day. My foot healed surprisingly faster than the doctor said it should have, and I ended up being able to walk on it Wednesday without limping. 
At one of the Mini Super's there ended up being a live band. I taught my companion what the words meant and then shot a video.
I was able to play Donkey Kong for a service project. We helped a ward member roll barrels of oil from a friend’s house down the middle of the street to his house.

This week we've been looking at the people we've been interacting with and well I've been a little frustrated why we haven't had the success that we've wanted. However, I realize as missionaries, at times we are planting seeds of faith in people for other missionaries and members to harvest. We have to remember at the same time, there have been individuals before us that planted seeds for the harvest that we have experienced. I know that when we put our trust in the Lord, His plan is there to bless every single one of us. It may mean that we have to plant seeds and wait and later on this person and maybe their family, maybe a friend, or maybe their kids will be blessed with faith in Christ. I am happy I have the opportunity to teach people of Christ.