We Preach of Christ

Yes, the parasites are gone and I no longer feel dizzy and my appetite is back. I could actually feel these tiny creatures moving in my body.   

Woo, General Conference was this week. I'm always pumped every year to hear from the leaders of the church and their insight and revelation. This year was absolutely filled with new changes and new revelation and I am very excited to be a missionary during this time. 

This week there was a Solemn Assembly which is the reorganization of the church leader. That was really powerful. It hit me like a rock and you could feel the spirit throughout the whole process. If you haven't had the chance to see it I highly recommend it. 

We heard a lot about personal revelation and keeping the Holy Ghost with us as a constant companion. While here in Changy we didn't have the best reception, I got to see a part of the conference in Spanish. This reminded me of an experience that happened earlier during the week. I offered a prayer for a family in Spanish and when they finished, they wanted to know what it would feel like in English, so I offered a prayer in English and we left them with a big smile. 


While I didn't understand word for word what happened during the conference I did understand the feelings that I felt and the guidance that I needed. That is what’s most important. As a missionary, I, too, testify of these things. I cannot live my life without its constant companionship. I encourage all of you to search for it as well.


There were many highlights this week including conference.  It was great when we met a return missionary who served here and gave us some killer references.

During Conference, we didn't think to bring a snack lunch with us because we were so focused on inviting people in the morning to attend. As well, we were just so excited to see the people.  Thanks to Hermana Bruchez for saving us because we got a little wiped out that day and luckily, she gave us a can of tuna and crackers. 

Lastly, I got kissed by the sun this week, and by kissed, I mean exactly as directed from the recipe of a "Cookbook for Missionaries" we found in the house, "Thrown into your slow cooker until the meat is well-done." 
 
For those of you who don't know, here Easter is celebrated throughout the week and called the Holy Week. Well, they have been showing back to back episodes of the TV Program "The Bible."  While teaching at many different houses almost everyone had this program on their television in the background. My personal favorite that I saw at a lunch appointment was where Moses crossed the Red Sea. The translation is not perfect and made it just a little more entertaining. In the movie, Moses yelled with both his hands in the air, "SEÑOR!"  Everyone once in a while, when we are about to pray,  I throw both my hands up in the air and look up, just to give my companion a bad time. After they cross the Red Sea, everyone at the end is just soaked and fist-pumping. We are now convinced that at the end of every baptism, it would be something to start fist-pumping as well. 
Elder Lopez
While we were helping out with another missionary’s baptism, Elder Lopez gave me the "I will kill you if you start fist-pumping look."  Something that I've learned about companions is you have to find some little things, from your experiences, that bother them. Joke around every once in a while and have a good laugh together. Oh, how much fun I'm going to have with this one, it is endless!