I've Gone To A Town Far Away


I'm gone! I have left El Empalme in the hands of Elder Lopez and you'll never believe where I am. I'm in the same bat time same bat channel, Almirante. It's in the same district meaning still in the good old Changy. I'm now with Elder Cotonón, who is another crazy Chapin ó Guatemalteco. This time I'm close to the ocean and I hope that means I get to eat more seafood. Also, it means the Internet is a little bit faster.


The picture up above it the first picture I got when I got off the bus, Almirante is a tourist town and the missionaries were not having much success in this area.  They baptized about one person every six months. President was going to cut it off completely but felt an impression to keep it open. After sending in leaders from a lot of different areas, they have started baptizing again. (Elder Reina and Elder Cranney were two among them that came in about three months before I got here.) 


Yeah and guess what? It was the old area of Elder Cranney as well. I'm just following his trail, which means I'll have another three months of people thinking I'm him. He had been searching for a place to eat turtle his entire mission and in the very last week, a member finally took him to a place that serves turtle.  My companion knows where that restaurant is. We tried going today, but we will be there later this week. I'm going to eat a TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLE!!!
Church meetings held in El Empalme
Irizarry Cousins serving with Lopez's.

Our Apartment in El Empalme