A New Companion

I am getting a new companion!  Well, I genuinely couldn’t be more excited. There are three things that I hoped for that came true with this change. 

1. I wanted to stay in Arrajian, I’ve heard it is the nicest area in all of Panama, but also, I love my Bishop and the landscape and the people and just everything about Arrajian so much. I have been told by just about everyone I have one of the best wards.  I definitely agree. Bishop Bravo reminds me in many ways of Bishop Spears back home. The first time we met was on my first Sunday. I had determination in my eyes and I was going to ask, “Hey, I’m new here, what do you need us to do in this ward.” I got up and couldn’t remember any Spanish. We just made eye contact and he gave me a big hug and said, “Welcome to the ward, I’m so excited to have you.” Honesty, Bishop Spears has a close spot in my heart. My Favorite Bishop, but Bishop Bravo is a close second. He has a similar sense of humor too. We share a ward with two other Elders. So, there are four Elders in two wards. 


2. I occasionally have the chance to talk with the Church Regional Manager for Panama. He organizes the agenda for when anyone comes in for a Visa. I wanted to talk to him one last time. He has a unique testimony and it is just inspiring to listen to him. He encourages missionaries to search deeper for answers to their questions. I have loved learning from him and know that he is one of the reasons the Lord has put me in Arrajian. 

3. I also prayed that I would have someone to help me with training and with my Spanish. 

I was ecstatic when I found out that Elder Vela is my new companion. He is the red head in the picture down below and he is from Mexico. He is bilingual and has already helped me quite a bit with my Spanish. He was from the other companionship within the ward. I am still in Arrajian and in the same ward just over a different part. Their house is so cool! First off it is not a ten-minute walk from the start of the street to our house every night and morning. We have a wider area, but we live in the center of everything. We have a green coconut tree in our backyard and while every house in Panama has fans, we have an AC unit, I am so happy!!!