Leaky Faucet

I feel at times like I am a leaky faucet of questions, one after another and my questions just keep dripping. My new companion Elder Vela has assured me that I am doing well. I'm learning that I have been saying words and phrases wrong and that my pronunciation still needs some work. This has been good for me to know what I need to work on and how I can improve. I really appreciate how he is able to help me with this. I think my Spanish is going to improve a lot with this transfer.

How blessed I am to be in Arriajan, I love this zone, this ward and these people. My favorite day is Tuesdays at lunch. We have a member named Linda who owns a private school. Usually, twice a week she lets us come over to the cafeteria and she will give us a plate of food which always tastes good. The Science teacher is a member by the name of Hermano Vallerino. We enjoy spending time with him talking and learning more about the scriptures. This usually only happens when we are free or he is around and we usually don't have too much time. I do love how he always tries to guide us to the scriptures with responses to questions. He has helped build my passion for studying and searching the scriptures. On rainy days he will share with us a little bit more within the Book of Mormon and the Bible. I have grown to realize that I have never really studied the scriptures. How many prophets and apostles have talked about the importance of diving into scripture study? I have found that it easy to read them at this time in my life but when I was younger is was not so. I think that people take the word study too lightly. If you were told you had to study for your Final Exam in History, you would spend time rewriting the notes from the teacher. You would probably spend time creating flash cards, timelines, and maps. You may try to teach what you know to someone else to make sure you know it. Why don't we study the scriptures in the same way? In the way you would as if your future depended on this test.  

I've seen so many people’s lives changed from reading the scriptures. Reading the Book of Mormon is truly a book from God. This book has mysteries of God. 
Alma 37: 3-4
And these plates of brass...which have the records of the holy scriptures upon them...they should be kept and handed down from one generation to another, and be kept and preserved by the hand of the Lord until they should go forth unto every nation, kindred, tongue, and people and they shall know of the mysteries contained thereon.
D&C 61:7, 11
Seek not for the riches but for wisdom, and behold, the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto you, and then shall you be made rich.  Behold, he that hath eternal life is rich.  
If thou shalt ask, thou shalt receive revelation upon revelation, knowledge upon knowledge, that thou mayest know the mysteries and peaceable things-that which bringeth joy, that which bringeth life eternal.

If you do not have a copy, go to LDS.org and they will send one to you for free. Your local Mormon Missionaries can too. If you read, study, ponder and pray, you will find happiness in your life. 

This week my companion and I got creative and we made a cork board and painted old milk cans to put some plants in them. (The powdered milk is the best here unless you like half cheese/half milk.) We also headed to a USA import clothing store to find some cheap shirts with logos. Our goal is to make it into a table cover or just something to hang up in our room to give it color. Apparently you can get shirts here as cheap as 25 cents. They also have some ties so I’m crossing my fingers that I can find one because this week I designed a mola for a tie. I'll update you when it gets done. 
My neighbors across the street are members and are so nice. Every night we come home and stop by their house and talk with them. They often give us some food to eat and the mother has helped us out with laundry because she has a washing machine. They provide us with a spare mattress when we have another missionary stay the night. They even told me that they have a niece that I could date after my mission. They have such a fun sense of humor and Christ like love for us. They want to help out anyway they can, I LOVE them.