Chao Dinner


My companion and I ate at a member’s home this week and unfortunately, the food didn’t settle too well for my companion.  We just ate fish soup and had papaya juice. Papaya is apparently made to clean out your stomach if you drink a lot of it... so Chao Dinner. I genuinely think that he must have just eaten some bad fish and combined with the juice it was a disaster waiting to happen. He ended up feeling pretty sick to say the least. We stayed home three days and after visiting the doctor considered that it could have been parasites like the implied, but we both were convinced that it was the fish and juice.

We were soaked all week long as it rained and rained and rained. As we were proselyting one day we stopped by a home of a women and tried to leave her with a prayer.  She invited us in and that was where we discovered that she was actually a Catholic pastor who was in the middle of teaching a seminary class. Well, this was kind of awkward entering the house and realizing what situation we just got ourselves into. It was however a cool experience to pray with them and let them know we are praying to the same God and we all are trying to follow Christ's example the best we can. Even though the visit could have had any number of wild outcomes, it actually ended on a good positive note. I was thankful for that and maybe later down the road they will remember that experience. Who knows!



One thing I forgot to mention is that I am currently the district leader here. The responsibility has not been to much, except that I teach a small class to the missionaries during the week. This week was my first time and it ended up being really fun. It helps that the missionaries in my district are just super chill and I just felt comfortable with them.  This week we talked about some of the difficulties they have experienced. I had the opportunity to share some personal experiences of what happened in the mission and with working with the missionaries beforehand. I've noticed that they don't use the scriptures a lot, so I was thinking about what we could do. I got this idea and was able to tie it in with a quote from the movies Dodgeball. “If you can dodge a wrench you can dodge a ball.” I told them they can only teach using the scriptures. You can't use any of your own words, just the scriptural text.  I gave them a few minutes to prepare something and it was just fun. Then I told them if you can teach an entire lesson using just the scriptures, you can find a balance and use the scriptures while you teach. A few people personally thanked me and told me it was spiritual and upbeat. So whooo! I feel like I can do this and I'm getting the hang of it. 
Elder Moore  and me