Planting The Seeds

This has been a weird week because I haven't slept much in my own bed due to a ton of divisions. Missionaries go on divisions and we often change companions for a day. This helps up to learn new things, to teach a new area, to someone; if someone is sick, or well for just about cualquiere other reason you can think of.  This week, I was able to go back to El Empalme to teach the other Elder about a few people. It is an hour away, but it happens to be the closest missionaries we have to us. I loved being in my old area and I was able to see many people that I had taught and was able to see how they had progressed. I talked to the Ngobe family I baptized and they were just like, “LIVE HERE, with us!”

At the end of the day the coolest thing that happened, was we ran into someone I knew. To backtrack, one day on a bus ride I was sitting next to a kid and we started talking. This young man was super sharp and had a desire to learn English. He asked me to practice with him and so I did during the entire bus ride as we talked. At the end I gave him our number if he ever wanted us to come over and share a little bit more about the gospel. So… it ends up being that he tried DM-IM-Facebook chat everything he could to connect to our phone. Unfortunately, we have this brick style phone so we couldn't even do anything except get texts. Luckily, he ran into the missionaries later and told them about me and how he wanted to learn more. Now back to this week… We showed up at his house, and when I saw his face I said, hey’ we've talked before, I don't know if you remember me, but we talked in a bus going here. He just ran and gave me a huge hug. He had been telling the missionaries serving here about me and asking who and where I was. They had no idea, and said that I was probably on the other side of a 13 hour bus ride in the city somewhere. This young man expressed his gratitude of the day that we had met and told me how if we had not talked that one day, he would have never talked to the missionaries. How much these teachings have now changed his life and how he has plans to get baptized this next week. It was a heart touching moment! 

Then I also had divisions with Elder Lopez, my companion from El Empalme, but in a different area. We got to the house of one investigator where that man said, “HEY, you guys look like Mordecai and Rigby.” YEAAH I wasn't ever expecting that reference, but we died laughing. It was super fun being with him again, we both have become better missionaries since the last time. One of the highlights was when we were teaching someone who was on the point of baptism and one of their family members, a pastor, told them a bunch of garbage and they just had a lot of doubts about baptism. But like a few changes back, where we had a powerful lesson filled with the spirit answering every single one of his questions and explaining WHY. It was just like a Kame-hame-ha right through his doubts. After we left that lesson, we just looking at each other and then said, wait where did you learn that?

One last highlight, this week I was told that I look like a character from a Disney movie.  This character I have been told I looked like two other times.  Here’s a hint: It happens right when I need a haircut.  I'll give you a week to guess who it could be.