World Cup - Panama

It has been a crazy week, we started off the week by taking a road trip to David. I was able to see Elder Franco, Elder Reyna, and Elder Arriaga a few of my past companions which was cool. I also saw Hermana Updike who was in the same district as I was in the MTC and she was my cousin’s first companion here in Panama. She gave me the updates on where everyone is and how they are doing! That was super nice.

In this month of June, Panama as a mission has made it a goal to baptize the most people in church history for the duration of one month. I have been seeing a lot of times during the week when I have been listening to the small promptings and have received big blessings. We have been guided to find some really special people and some old investigators who have re-sparked their interest.

Late last night we got a phone call from Elder Lopez, he asked us what our plans were for Monday.  Well, Umm, not a whole lot, we will be cleaning, writing home and going to the clinic.  Well, he said, you will never guess what, President Current gave the entire mission permission to see the World Cup game tomorrow in which Panama is playing against Russia. It starts at 10:00 and so change your plans. My companion and I were both like Wait, What? Yeah, VAMOS PA'RUSSIA!  
We went over to the nicest members house we knew. One with air conditioning which is like one in a million over here. We watched it on the big screen, and even though we knew they weren't going to win the game.  1. It was on television, in which I have been able to watch for a year.  2. Everyone in that house was Panamanian so it was a lot of crazy fun energy and overall a really great time.

And... then we went to the doctor and they took out my toenail.